Friday

Bruno Merz

Dear Bruno Merz, 

YOU JUST BLEW ME AWAY WITH YOUR SONGS.....

Sincerely yours, 
Your new fan. 
Hi Sir, you just make me fly into your music through your angelic voice
Pertama kali mendengar lagunya Bruno Merz waktu nonton Life as we know it, salah satu film favorit saya karena ada si abang ganteng Josh Duhamel. Biasanya sih saya langsung nyari songlist soundtrack film yang saya tonton, berulang kali nonton life as we know it setelah kali ke-4 menonton film ini barulah saya mencari songlist soundtrack film ini. Dan setelah menemukan songlist soundtrack film tersebut satu lagu yang paling nyantol dikuping saya adalah For You Now - Bruno Merz. Saya pun langsung nyari di Youtube video for you now-nya Si Bruno Merz ini dan WOW, saya langsung jatuh cinta dengan musiknya, emang sih sekilas namanya mirip Bruno Mars tapi buat saya suaranya jauh lebih bikin meleleh dibanding Bruno Mars. 

Bruno Merz ini penyanyi kelahiran New Zealand dan saat ini tinggal di Leeds UK, dan kerennya dia juga kepilih jadi iTunes/Starbucks Pick of the Week. Selain sebagai penyanyi dan penulis lagi dia juga bekerja sebagai ilustrator buku. Dari Blognya Bruno Merz saya tahu kalo dia sudah punya tiga album, dan sudah pasti saya suka dengan ketiga albumnya. Sayangnya sudah beberapa kali saya mencari albumnya di toko kaset tapi belum ketemu juga, lagu yang bisa saya download di internet hanya for you now doang :( 

Dari semua lagunya lagu Home Soon dan For You Now adalah lagu favorit saya dari album Departing From Crowds

This Time
Dec 2012

Departing From Crowds
Jan 2009

Through Darkness Into Day
Jan 2008


Home Soon 
Words and music by Bruno Merz 


All I would give just to be near you now. 
Your words in my hands, still got a thousand miles. 
Saw in your eyes, saw them take every word. 
It’s all in the past, so many words unheard. 
Fool that I’d become so unstuck now. 
Who would’ve saved my soul from this. 
Don’t go to sleep yet, ‘cos I’ll be home soon. 
Pick up my feet and leave these lonely rooms. 
Can already breathe your hair as you lean to me. 
Your whispering skin, whisper all over me. 
Full of love that I have longed for now. 
Full of hope that I have hoped for now.




For You Now 
Words and music by Bruno Merz 


Come away, come away 
leave it all far behind you. 
‘Cos it’s not who you are and it’s not what you wanted. 
I can see, I can see 
the strength there inside you. 
Calling you 
come away to where you’re bright eyed and hopeful. 
As a child is this how, you saw yourself all grown up. 
‘Cos I believe, I believe 
in your smile I see someone else. 
Coming through, coming through 
like the sun-rays that kiss your face. 
Like they always have done and they always will for you now. 
And everything will be alright now, alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment